Saturday, December 25, 2010

I'm No Paula Deen, But...






These are seriously the best things I have ever eaten. I took them to my work, and they disappeared in minutes. I had never made anything from scratch in my life, but it was not even that hard. Trust me. I am no expert chef, but I love to EAT. And don't get upset that I'm promoting obesity in our already overweight and sedentary society. Just don't eat them all yourself. Share with a buddy. Moderation, people! Awesome stuff.




Symphony Brownies
Yield | 12 brownies

Ingredients
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate; coarsely chopped
3/4 cup butter
1 ½ cups white sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 (4.5 ounce) Symphony Chocolate bars; broken into squares

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Microwave chocolate and butter or margarine in large bowl at medium (50% power) for 3-4 minutes or until butter is melted.
3. Whisk until chocolate is melted. Stir in sugar and add in eggs, extracts and salt. Gradually add in flour and stir until just combined.
4. Spread ½ the batter into prepared pan. Add an even layer of Symphony Chocolate squares and cover with remaining ½ of brownie batter. Bake for 30-35 minutes; do not over bake.
5. Remove to cooling rack. Allow to cool completely before cutting.

Inspired by Paula Deen and adapted from allrecipes
mybakingaddiction.com

1 comment: